Sunday, March 11, 2007

Are You Really Going To Keep Swallowing This Garbage?

I don't see how anyone who wasn't in a coma this winter can stand to hear any more of this global warming garbage. The entire country was practically buried in snow, even Florida was caught by sub-zero temperatures. Look, right here in my little corner of the world, in Northeastern Oklahoma, we just has the fiercest winter weather I've ever seen in my 32 years of life. We had three major storms that shut down whole regions for weeks, one blizzard after another. I find it hard to open up the paper or turn on the radio when it's 9 degrees Fahrenheit, and that's the high for the day, and have to be subjected to global climate change alarmists. With an inch thick layer of ice on the roads and a six-inch layer of snow on top of that with reports of more snow on the way, I was actually praying for global warming. How can anybody take this bunk seriously? It's like everyone pointing at a chair in a room and telling you to fear the mighty lion!
Look, I know a lot of you might think I'm just an ignorant okie who goes on rants, but I'm telling you, even if global warming is more than just a theory, there's nothing we can do about it. Lorrie Goldstein wrote in the Toronto Sun an article entitled, "More Inconvenient Truths: Planting Trees Won't Save Us, Ethanol Isn't Cool, And Rebuilding A City Below Sea Level Is Insane." I urge you to read it, because the math in it is very telling. For those of you who are too lazy to go and find it, I'll provide an excerpt right here:
"Let's do the math. It takes 15 trees 40 to 50 years to absorb five tons of carbon.
A return flight from Toronto to Vancouver injects 5.4 tons of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere per passenger. Carbon dioxide takes 50 to 200 years to dissipate naturally.
Therefore, to absorb most of the carbon dioxide caused by one passenger taking one domestic round-trip flight across Canada in 2007, requires planting 15 trees today that won't complete the job until 2047-2057, assuming none is destroyed by fire, disease or insects. If they are, they'll release their carbon back into the atmosphere."
Do you get it now, or did you just roll your eyes and say, "Oh, well, that proves it, we need to plant more trees." You boobs! No matter how many trees you plant, even if you plant a grove the size of Texas this very minute, we'll STILL all be dead by the time you might see any carbon reduction at all, and I have to share a little secret with you, people, including Al Gore, are still flying in planes and driving cars! What do you want, do you think we should destroy all of our progress and live like the Amish? Fine, you first. I'll buy your plane ticket to Pennsylvania. Me, i like living in the twenty-first century. Listen, you have got to stop letting them cram this bunk down your gullets and think independently. I'd like to continue this little "arrogant" rant of mine, but I'm a little chilly, so I'm going to finish up and go get a sweater.
go to http://freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1795038/posts for the full Goldstein article

No comments: