Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Citizen Kermitt


I swear, Kermitt the Frog would stand a better chance of beating Obama in the 2012 election than any of the guys from the last cycle.  Mike Huckabee is a pretty sharp guy, and his book, A Simple Government, makes a lot of good points...but President Huckabee?  Aint' gonna happen, unless it's president of his book club.  Some people are shouting out Mitt Romney's name again, but I'm not voting for a Ken doll, I'm voting for a president...so...no.  Sarah Palin?  Sorry, Saturday Night Live killed that in'08.  Tina Fey pretending to be Sarah Palin would have a better shot at the White House.  Then there's Donald Trump.  The Democrats are salivating over the possibility of him running against Obama.  The liberal media are putting him on all of their shows right now and bringing up the "birther" thing because they want him to be in the race.  Believe me, they're begging for it.  The way things look right now, the Republicans have NO CANDIDATE.  There is absolutely no person that I can think of who has an honest chance of winning against Obama, and the conditions for a Republican victory haven't been this good since Carter got his clock cleaned by Reagan.  Even though, according to Gallup, Obama's approval rating is at 41%, most people still really like the guy, feel sorry for him, even.  Huckabee?  Yawn. Romney?  Snore.  Trump?  Giggle.  Where is our leadership?  Where is our charismatic kickass guy?  Hell, I'll even take a joke candidate like Frosty the Snowman or Kermitt the Frog!  The way things are going, I'm ready to dig up John Wayne's body and nominate him!  And please, please, God, keep McCain in Arizona...I am so afraid that he'll spring out of his coffin and anounce his candidacy like Dracula ready to drain the life out of any chance we may have at a win.  So who's it going to be?  Governor Jindall of Louisiana?  Not running.  Congressman Ryan of Wisconsin?  Not running.  I even had hope that Hillary would run and challenge Obama for the Democratic nomination...nope.  Not running.  I haven't experienced apathy like this since I heard they were taking MAD TV off the air.  I just hope Kermitt is a Republican, because I'd rather vote for a muppet than another party puppet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

at this point in time i really don't think it matters. they are all the same!!! sorry to say it, but they are.