Thursday, March 24, 2011

You Rock, I'll Vote


Well, it looks like Garth Brooks just became a Dixie Chick.  He just had to open is mouth when somebody asked him about Obama.  When are these celebrities going to learn?  Having opinions is dangerous and stupid  in this country!  Especially for you people!  Frankly, I never liked Garth Brooks in the first place. Sorry.  I'm just not a "country" guy.  I'd like to feel bad for him, but it's like these celebrities have a class they all have to take on how to alienate half of their fan base.  Truth be told, he didn't even say anything bad, all he did was say he supports the president, which is way nicer than what the Dixie Chicks got into trouble for, but sure enough, the social networks are all a-buzz with people claiming they will now burn his CDs and never attend another concert of his.  Another truth be told, Brooks doesn't need their money or praise anymore...I mean, the guy sold more records than Elvis, so he'll be just fine.  Burn his CDs, I'm sure he doesn't care.  Thing is, I don't care either.  I don't care if you burn his crappy CDs, and I don't care what he thinks about the president.  Or anything else, for that matter.  I didn't care what the Dixie Chicks thought, I didn't care what Madonna thought, and I will never care if Sheryl Crow uses toilette paper or tree bark.  I know all of these celebrities start getting ideas in their heads when they reach a certain level of fame.  After your picture is on the cover of Rolling Stone, suddenly you have to have "social consciousness" and tell everybody else not just what you think, but that if we really care, we'd think the same way.  Rock the Vote!  Save the Rain Forests!  Support the Troops!  How about this one?  Shut your face.  Entertain me.  Cash your check and leave me alone, already.  I can think for myself.  No, they can't do that, though, because some agent or crusader starts whispering in their ear, maybe they look at their millions and start to feel guilty, like maybe they aren't doing enough.  Maybe they get sucker punched by a reporter outside of a red carpet event, or maybe they just have a big old helping of stupid with dinner before the next show.  I'm going to let you in on a little secret about me.  Shhhh...don't tell anyone....I don't give a crap about your causes, your politics, or your pet projects!  Guess what else?  I can watch a Michael jackson video without wondering if he was really into little boys.  I can listen to a Beatles song without wondering what drugs they were on.  So please, celebrities...just save it.  And Garth, you really ought to know better.  Who's albums do you think are on the jukebox at the bowling alley while all the Tea Party people are complaining about the government over a cold pitcher of beer?  Look, before another one of you goes nuts like Charlie Sheen or Mel the Jew Hating Gibson, just take my advice.  Shut up.  Go Garbo and stay silent.  You rock, I'll vote.

1 comment:

Uncensored America said...

This post is exactly WHY Al Gore created the internet ;)

My feelings were mirrored in this post to the point that I found myself turning over my laptop and looking for the Gold Crown.

Epic Win!