Friday, June 28, 2013

You Will Never Get My Vote

"I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. 16So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth."  Rev. 3:15-16

You will never get my vote. You "old bulls" need to hear this, because it's the last time it will be said.  You are a Republican...or Maybe you're a Democrat.  It doesn't matter.  You will never get my vote.  It won't matter what you spend on comercials and print ads.  It won't matter who you've paid to endorse you.  In 2016, I'm voting for Malcolm X.  I'm voting for Archie Bunker.  I'm voting for somebody who stands for something. You party hacks send me letters in the mail that claim you need money so you can send more letters in the mail.  On each little questionnaire, you ask my opinion, and then you completely ignore it.  You congressmen show up on the Sunday morning shows and tell me how badly we need more enforcement of existing immigration laws and border security. Monday evening, you tell me we can't secure the border "it's too big," and  we need to "make a deal" on immigration reform.  You got elected on a platform of repealing or replacing the Affordable Care Act, but you won't even do the one thing that is in your power to do...defund it.  You, Mr. President, said that you believe marriage is between a man and a woman, so you could gobble up the votes, and then licked your finger, stuck it up in the air, and followed the prevailing winds.  Has your opinion changed, or have the latest opinion poll results changed?  You said you were going to close Guantanamo Bay...that was 5 years ago.  You are liars.  You are thieves.  You have made promises you cannot hope to keep, which matters little, because you never intended to.  You candidates, you talk about uniting the country, you scowl at the divisiveness of politics, and then you screw each other to the wall and try to make yourselves seem just a little bit more appealing than the other guy.  You talk of bipartisanship, which means everyone gets screwed but you.  You threw your hand-puppets in the air and railed against the other side while claiming your puppets don't speak for you. You say you want to decrease the deficit, then you tell me the deficit doesn't really matter and make backroom deals with made-up numbers.  You've said you support the Tea Party, then call them "hobbits." You are politicians, and your only interest is self-preservation, but you know what?  There will come a day when "the shiniest of two turds" isn't good enough anymore, and you had better be ready.  Jim Sullivan found it out, and so will you.  Without a spine, an elephant or a donkey is nothing but a jellyfish.   I haven't been to the beach in over ten years, you know why?  It's because I hate jellyfish.  Get hot, get cold, or get out of politics.

No comments: