Saturday, June 22, 2013

Add to Technorati FavoritesOkay, Here's The Deal...

Hello to all four of my readers, and thanks for following along.  Recently, I've noticed a trend taking shape, so I've decided to make some modifications.  Nothing drastic, mind you, there's just a few points I think I should make before we continue our "dialogue."  Here are the new rules, and I hope you four can learn to play nicely together.
 
1)  I write about whatever is on my mind, when and if I feel like it.  I'm not a professor, or a journalist, or an expert.  I do not have a degree in blogology, and I am not a doctor, nor do I claim to have ever played one on T.V.  I don't spend my time looking for sources or tracking down scoops, although I may have done some research.  What you read here are my opinions, and I stand by them...unless I have, over the course of some time, changed my mind.  Since they are my opinions, and it is my blog, I get to do that.
 
2)  Your spam is pissing me off.  I guess you think it's clever to string together a sentence that almost makes sense and then finish it off by tacking your own blog name, URL, or product at the end, but it's annoying to have to go through and pick through the comments and separate the spam from the actual readers who just don't have a good grasp of the English language.  No one who reads this blog is looing for great deals on fake Guicci watches or cares about your fake, hot, streaming, live webcam.  I encourage comments and discussion, but your attempts at self-promotion and spam will be terminated with extreme prejudice.
 
3)People named "Anonymous" who post comments will be taken less seriously than others.  I realize that not everyone wants to make their opinions known to the world, and I realize that not having a gmail account (Seriously?  You really don't have one?) can make it a pain in the ass to share your thoughts...that's why so many people continue the discussion on facebook after reading. For the rest of you, though, have the courage to put your name (even a made-up one) behind your convictions.  Only four people read this blog anyway, it's not like you're in any danger of the world finding out your secrets.
 
4)Yes, please, comment, continue the debate, that's what this blog is here for!  I try to share my opinions in a way that is A) intentionally confrontational   B) humorous  and C) open for debate.  Having said that, I do not need or want your advice on how to write, what topics I should write about (unless I actually ask), or where I should stick my keyboard.  Read the whole damned post before you comment, then take a minute or two to formulate your response.  Insults are fine, as long as they are clever and serve a purpose other than trolling, but don't get butthurt when it comes back at you.  Most importantly, STAY ON TOPIC.   Don't try to "cross-reference" me by pulling stuff up from another post that is not relevant.  All cries of "hypocrite" will be ignored.  So your doctor smokes two packs a day, but thinks you should quit for your health- is his opinion any less valid?  If you answered yes, you are at the wrong blog.  Go get your own.  I can't wait to read a blog post written by the world's first perfect person.
 
5)  Don't like the new rules?  Well, then go hang out at http://www.somethingawful.com/  and throw your two cents in there.  If you think I suck, just read their rules for posting.  You'll be happier there, anyway, Lefty, trust me.  I'm pretty sure all you have to do is type "George Bush Sucks" and they waive the $10 fee.
 
Well, that's all I've got for now.  Hopefully, the five of us can put the past behind us and move on.

No comments: